Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Filling Someone With Daylight

Before I handed over my life to Jesus Christ in 1979, the number one things in my life were weight training and karate. I used to spend hours every day working out with weights and practicing karate. Yet, even though I knew I could handle myself (twice in my life I have fought guys who had knives when I was unarmed, and both times I beat them. Another time, a guy had a metal umbrella handle [the part that sticks out of the handle was metal] that he had cut off to a sharp point, and he was trying to stab me with that, and I beat him. I have also had a gun held on me more than once), I was always keenly aware of the possibility of someone attacking me, and I was constantly thinking about what I would do if they did attack me. I knew that, if someone had a gun, especially if they were out of reach, I would have no defense. Therefore, I was always in fear, because I was constantly thinking about how to defend myself if someone attacked me, and I was constantly playing out scenarios in my head to train my mind to be ready in case something did happen.


However, after relinquishing control of my life to Jesus Christ, I lost that fear of being killed. Now, if someone were to hold a gun to my head and pull the trigger, I know for a fact, without a doubt, that I would be in Heaven forever, with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, Who is God the Son, Yeshua Hamashia, the Messiah, the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last, the “I Am”; and with God the Father, Yahweh (YHWH), the “I Am” (the Name He told Moses).


The only regret I would have, if someone were to hold a gun to my head and pull the trigger, is that I would no longer be able to tell others about Jesus, so that they might escape Hell and escape God’s wrath and judgment, and so they might gain eternal life in Heaven. I want to tell as many people as I can about Jesus, because Hell is a place I would not want my worst enemy to go to. When I really think about the people that will be in Hell for all eternity, in that horrible, terrible place of torment, suffering forever, it makes me cry. I have talked to people about Jesus at the Mall, at the movie theatre, going door-to-door, at Fairs, etc. But I feel like I’m not doing enough, because so many people are dying and going to Hell every single day. The fact that so many people are not following Christ, and are therefore headed for Hell, is something that should tear the heart out of every true born-again Christian, and should make every true follower of Christ Jesus weep and have compassion for those who are lost. It should make every born-again believer want to go out, every single day, and tell as many people as possible how they can escape from Hell. Yet, so many American Christians are satisfied with going to church and minding their own business, instead of going out on the street and witnessing to people. American Christians are so complacent, lazy and materialistic…including myself.

Powered by Qumana

2 comments:

kbguy said...

hi, i was just reading through your blog. I think you are a writer. You can write so much with a pic. They use to say, a pic says a thousand words. But, in your case, you can really write. I think those topics must really be your speacialty. Keep on writting friend...

Jeff said...

Thank you for your compliment and encouragement, sri kebakakat! I really appreciate that!