Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Revelation 7

This is an illustration I did at work, using Adobe Illustrator CS2. My boss is not happy with it, so he is having me change some things in it. Therefore, this is only a preliminary draft. Also, I decreased the size of this JPEG copy by 1/4 and lowered the resolution from 300 dpi to 150 dpi, to make it quicker to upload to the Internet (otherwise, it would take forever).
CLICK TO ENLARGE:



REVELATION 7


"And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,

Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.

Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nephthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.

Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.

Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.

After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,

Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.

And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.

For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes."

3 comments:

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

I like the art and you have skill. My friend Bobby thinks so as well. You should be able to market that skill.

My thought with the picture is...pork for breakfast, how British.

I do like bacon once in awhile.

If you want to challenge with that topic I mentioned, here is the link:

A big blog with many readers...you can probably forget getting a link, but good promotion anyway.

dw

Jeff said...

Thanks, Russ. And I may need to try to market that art in a few days or weeks, as I will likely be laid off. I would like to find a job as a Graphic Artist, or using my creative writing skill, or possibly in radio (or Internet radio). I may have to resort to manual labor, which I am no longer used to, after years of sitting at a computer desk.

I eat cereal for breakfast almost every day, and I included a bowl of cereal in the original drawing. But it wasn't immediately recognizable as cereal, so I took that out. I thought about bacon, but I thought that sausage links would be easier to draw to be recognizable.

I didn't realize that pork products were a typical British breakfast.

Thanks for that link. I'll check it out.

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Hi Jeff,

I just noticed on Mom's computer you left a comment on her blog August 16th. I guess it did not arrive in her email. I just published it now for her...merly35.

I am glad I asked you to comment on the DW blog. You have researched more on evolution than I have. I could have spent a few hours research and given a good reply, but you had it ready. Good for you. You may have to defend yourself...time will tell.;)

There are some new funny comments on my blogs.